Battlescapes 1.1: The 'Revamp' Update
For the latest update I have gone with a different approach. With this update I had the intent of making no gameplay changes whatsoever in this update, and have focused on improving every single graphical/visual/audio element in the game. However, I couldn't resist making some changes. Here are the patch notes for Battlescapes 1.1:
- A large majority of the artwork has been redone at a higher quality to provide a new, rounder pixel style.
- List of improved artwork:
- Player characters for all classes
- All weapons
- Ammo and health pickups
- Slimes now shake while moving.
- Slimes now have a trail of slime behind them.
- When invulnerable at the start of a level, you will have a light yellow outline to indicate that you cannot take damage.
- The floor has a new texture which is much more seamless, instead of the single-tile repeating texture from before.
- Guns now have muzzle flashes.
- There is now a light vignette around the screen. This vignette is removed when bullets are shot to improve the effect.
- The Critical Hit system has been altered. Criticals are no longer dealt if headshotting an enemy, but are now a random chance depending on the weapon used.
- The Sniper Rifle is now only accurate when standing still. You can still shoot while moving but your aim will be much less accurate.
- There is now full support for controllers. PS4, Xbox One & 360 controllers have been tested to be working.
- Left Stick - Movement
- Right Stick - Aim
- Right Trigger - Attacking
- Left Trigger - Use Ability
- A/Cross - Pick up Weapon
- B/Circle - Next Level
- All fonts have been replaced.
- Additional icons have been added to the timer, enemy counter, and level counter.
- Pick up button prompt is now different depending on platform, example: E on PC, tap on Mobile, A on Gamepad
- The following weapons have been renamed:
- Heavy Pistol -> Hi-Power Pistol
- Heavy Assault Rifle -> Hi-Power Assault Rifle
- Automatic Shotgun -> Autoshotgun
- I am changing the way updates will work by focusing on larger, more infrequent updates. Some features I have in mind for the next update include:
- A new recoil system
- Endless mode modifiers
- New enemies and weapons
- As these are some large additions they may take some time to develop so will be in the 1.2 update.
- Battlescapes Online has been postponed to allow for more time to be spent on making Battlescapes a better game.
- A new main menu will have been implemented. It has a much nicer layout which is easier for PC and Mobile devices. The new main menu has space for any new features that I may add.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.